HTC Desire C is a good device which has a lot of amazing features. It was launched some months back with the Android v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). If you have rooted HTC Desire C and have installed ClockworkMod custom recovery on it, then you can download and install custom ROMs on your Desire C. ClockworkMod also allows you to do some system tweaks and mods but let’s focus on the custom ROM part. This post will tell you that how can you update HTC Desire C to Android Slim Sense ICS Custom ROM.
Here are the features of the Slim Sense custom ROM:
- Bash command shell included
- Data/App support
- Nano text editor included
- Framework and Apps deodexed
- Rooted (SuperSu)
- init.d support
- Some bloatware removed
Warning: Make sure you continue with this process only if your phone is rooted. Progress with the instructions very carefully because your phone is at risk.
Checklist: Before beginning the process, enable the USB Debugging feature from Settings > Developer Options. Also make sure that the battery of your phone is more than 85%. It would be better if you fully charge it. And do backup the important files on your smartphone because if by any chance, things go wrong while updating, your files would be safe.
Now, read on for the instructions for installing the Slim Sense custom ROM on HTC Desire C.
- First of all, begin with downloading the custom ROM from this link and also download the boot.img from this link.
- Now connect the Desire C to your PC and mount your phone’s USB Mass Memory on your PC.
- Copy the ROM file from your PC and paste it on the SD card of your phone. Make sure you don’t paste it in the phone memory.
- Next, copy the boot.img and paste it in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory
- Now, switch off your phone.
- Turn on the phone again and enter the bootloader/fastboot mode by holding the Volume Down + Power buttons while the phone is turning on.
- Once in the bootloader mode on your phone, use your computer to go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Open the command prompt now.
- Now, type the command given below and press enter:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Then, type this command and press enter:
- Next, keep following the on-screen instructions and then select Bootloader and go to Recovery.
- Now(on your phone), you will be in the ClockworkMod recovery. Wipe the data first and scroll down. Select flash zip from SD card and press the power button to select it.
- Select choose zip from sdcard by pressing the power button again.
- Next, use your volume keys to navigate to the ROM zip file and select it by using the power button.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to confirm the installation. Confirm it and the installation would begin.
- The installation will take some time and when it completes, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the phone by selecting the option Reboot System Now from the recovery menu.
- The phone will reboot now and when it boots completely, you will be seeing your phone with a fresh custom ROM, the Slim Sense. Please note that it may take around 5 minutes for rebooting for the first time. Don’t worry and just wait.
That is it! Now, enjoy the all new custom ROM. I hope this post proved useful to you. Share your opinions in the comments.